MERG takes privacy and data protection seriously. This policy sets out the information we collect from you and what we use that information for. By joining MERG, you accept the terms of this notice.
We collect your name, address, telephone and email contact details when you join MERG. We also record your posts on the MERG forum and order details when you purchase MERG Kits.
We retain your personal data for a maximum of 2 years after leaving MERG for the purpose of allowing the reallocation of the same membership number if you rejoin at a later date. You have the right to request immediate deletion of your data on termination of your membership. All data deletion is subject to any legal / government requirements to retain personal data.
What we use the information for:
We use the information collected for:
- Internal record keeping and membership management
- To allow you to access MERG's membership facilities
- To distribute the MERG Journal and associated mailings
- To send renewal reminders, and occasional membership related messages
- To assist MERG in offering technical support when requested
- Administration of MERG Area Groups
Security of information
MERG is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect from you.
MERG does not share any member's personal information with any third parties, other than:
- postal address information to a MERG appointed Mailing Company solely for distribution of the MERG Journal.
- postal address information of members involved in MERG Kit Production with MERG suppliers, subject to approval by the member concerned.
Access to information
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you at any time by contacting the MERG IT Manager.
Notification of change